We would like to invite and encourage you to participate in the poster session of this year’s NWIFC Habitat Conference.
If you are interested in submitting a poster regarding restoration work that has occurred, is ongoing, or is planned in your area, please refer to the included poster requirements.
Posters may be located in an area that is accessible to the public.
Poster Size and Display
- Please limit your poster size to 32″x 44″ which can be either portrait or landscape; each presenter will have a space for their poster, which will provide a place to hang the poster and other information such as handouts and category headings. Larger sizes will NOT be accommodated without prior arrangement.
- Presenters are required to assemble and disassemble their own poster; you will be advised when to do so.
- We will provide rigid poster backing for each presenter to hang their poster.
Poster Format and Design Tips
- Poster headings should include a title, author’s name, affiliation, and contact.
- Titles should be > 60 point font and have surrounding space for clarity.
- Use Arial or San-Serif for titles and headings for clarity and readability.
- Use Times Roman or other serif font for main body text ( > 24 point font) so it is legible from at least six feet away.
- Use 24-26 point font size for chart axis titles, to match the text.
- Choose figures over tables whenever possible.
- Avoid too much information in text and tables; summarize using bullets and multiple smaller tables.
- Pick colors that blend or coordinate well with one another.
- Text color should contrast well against its background.
- Images and graphics should be large size and high quality.
- Put captions under all graphics and credit photos when possible.
- Consider symmetry when laying out your poster, try to balance elements like text boxes, images, etc, so they flow and look pleasing.
- Seek peer review for your poster, for content, design, and readability.
- KEEP IT SIMPLE- Limit yourself to one topic or hypothesis.
If you have any questions or would like to submit a poster to display at the conference, please contact:
Puget Sound Recovery Projects Coordinator
Northwest Indian Fisheries Commission
dmadrone (at) nwifc (dot) org